Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Boca Raton and Plantation
Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton offers medical malpractice Attorney legal services to individuals in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Plantation, Boynton Beach and West Palm Beach. When you or a loved one has become a victim of medical malpractice in Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale, the lawyers at Eltringham Law Group understand you must be reeling. Concern about injuries and healing take precedence, but mixed with them are dozens of questions. How did this happen? Just what is malpractice and how do I prove it occurred?
Our team is centrally located in Boca Raton to serve victims living in neighborhoods stretching from Boynton Beach to Fort Lauderdale. We’ve handled medical malpractice court cases like yours before, and we can help.
What is malpractice in the medical field?
Medical malpractice is essentially a doctor or health care provider’s medical mistake, including anything he or she failed to do. Negligence and recklessness are telltale aspects of medical malpractice court cases. But what does medical malpractice usually look like?
Some of the most common mistakes include:
- surgical errors;
- failure to diagnose a condition or illness;
- failure to treat a condition or illness;
- failure to diagnose conditions or illnesses in a timely manner;
- failure to get a patient’s informed consent; and
- medical errors
Offering Guidance to Victims of Medical Malpractice in Boca Raton
When you’ve been the victim of a medical team’s error, at the hospital or private practice, all you know is the pain and suffering you’ve had to endure. If you think medical malpractice may be to blame, you’ll want to work with a legal team with experience in this area of injury law, since medical malpractice court cases can be extremely involved.
For instance, some initial things to take into consideration are:
- Time frame – A claim must be filed within 2 years, in most cases.
- Liability – You must determine who is liable, whether it is a doctor, nurse, other health care provider; even the medical institution itself.
- Standard of care – Victims must prove that the minimum standard of care for treatment/diagnosis was not met.
- Proving malpractice – Harm must have come to the victim as a result of the medical mistake.
When you’ve been injured as a result of medical malpractice, the last thing you need is to get bogged down in legal details. At Eltringham Law, our Fort Lauderdale-area lawyers take every step necessary to represent those who injure our clients. We can guide you each step of the way.
Fort Lauderdale Lawyers Devoted to Victims of Medical Malpractice
Eltringham Law Group, PA, based in Boca Raton, FL, offers personalized legal help to personal injury victims throughout South Florida, including West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach and Fort Lauderdale. When you’ve been seriously injured, you don’t want to waste your time and energy haggling with insurance adjusters and trying to make sense of legalese. Call today for a no-cost consultation – 561-338-0420.