Boat Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton and Plantation
Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton offers boating accident Attorney legal services to individuals in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Plantation Boynton Beach, and West Palm Beach. Our legal team has nearly 60 years of experience and know what it takes to help clients receive the compensation they deserve when injury occurs out on the water.
With nearly one million boats registered in the state of Florida, it’s no surprise that more boating accidents occur in Florida than in any other state in the nation. When you are injured due to a boat accident, maritime laws may differ compared to laws on land and results can often be catastrophic. That’s why it’s important to use a personal injury attorney that is knowledgeable about maritime law and the unique intricacies involving accidents and can inform you of any aspects of the law that may affect your lawsuit, claim or potential recovery. With our office located right in the heart of prime boating areas, we have first-hand experience with boat accidents in the Broward and Palm Beach county areas.
While a day out on the water can be relaxing and fun or can simply be another “day at the office” for some, there are many potential dangers and safety hazards lurking that can result in extremely serious consequences. When a boating accident occurs, be sure that you are represented by a personal injury lawyer that can protect your rights and will help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420 to speak with an experienced and compassionate boat accident attorney if you have been injured due to a boating accident in Florida.
Reasons For Boat, or Cruise Ship Accident Legal Cases
Although the specific circumstances surrounding any boating accident will differ from case to case, some of the most common reasons for boating accidents causing injury include:
- Boat operator negligence, including high speed operation, hitting waves or wakes at unsafe angles, failing to look out for passengers or other watercraft
- Operating while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Navigating boat in unsafe weather or surf conditions
- Lack of knowledge about operation of watercraft or safety rules
- Improper training or inexperience
- Not knowing the “rules of the road” (the navigational rules)
- Failing to avoid a collision with another vessel or fixed object
- Using poor judgment or being reckless
- Overcrowding or overloading a vessel
- Having an insufficient number of life jackets or lack of safety equipment
- Defective boat construction or lack of maintenance
Boat accidents can take on many forms. Boats can collide with other vessels or fixed objects, can overturn or capsize, can run over swimmers or water skiers, or can be operated in such a way that passengers are thrown from the boat. If you or a loved one has been injured in a boat accident through no fault of your own, you may be eligible for compensation to cover current and future medical expenses, as well as compensatory damages for pain and suffering, loss of work and other legal damages.
Call the Eltringham Law Group in Boca Raton at 561-338-0420 to find out more about how we can help you following a boat accident.
Types of Boat Accidents Cases
Boat accidents can occur on all types of watercraft, both large and small. Some of these include:
- Cabin cruisers
- Fishing boats
- Commercial boats
- Inflatable boats
- Kayaks / Canoes
- Personal watercraft (Jet skis / Wave runners)
Whether you were a passenger on a friend’s boat, were on a commercial boat or were operating a personal watercraft, it’s important to have an experienced lawyer on your side to help you receive the compensation you deserve due to personal injury, property damage or death.
If you have been injured in a boat accident in Florida, call the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420.
Boat Accident Legal Questions
When you are involved in a boating accident, you may have many questions and may not know where to turn since there are likely few people that have been in your shoes and know the answers. Here are some of the most common questions you may have:
- What do I do after a boat accident if I have been injured?
- Is my accident affected by maritime law?
- Are laws governing negligence the same on the water as they are on land?
- Do I have to file a claim or suit in a certain amount of time?
- How can I recreate the accident if it happened on the water?
- Will insurance cover my medical expenses, loss of work or other losses?
- Do all personal injury lawyers know how to effectively handle a boat accident case?
Fortunately, a personal injury firm that has experience with boat accident cases in Florida, such as the Eltringham Law Group, can answer all of your questions and can put your mind at ease. We offer free consultations and will provide you with the information, support and advice you need to move forward.
Call the Eltringham Law Group at 561-338-0420 to schedule your free consultation.